Surgical Solutions Network
20 Wynford Dr Suite 103B
Toronto, ON M3C 1J4
Phone: (866) 857-6069
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday, Friday: 7 a.m.–5 p.m.
If chronic elbow pain impedes your ability to do the things you enjoy, you want relief right away. Long wait times for elbow surgery in Canada can be frustrating. Whether you’re bothered by golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow, or another concern, Surgical Solutions Network’s private medical centres offer timely access to elbow surgery in Canada for people from Toronto, Ontario; Calgary, Alberta; Vancouver, British Columbia; Winnipeg, Manitoba; and other communities in Canada, the U.S., and around the world.
Why Choose Surgical Solutions Network for Private Elbow Surgery in Canada?
- No waiting lists to see a specialist: We specialize in providing exceptional, timely medical care. You can see an orthopedic specialist within days or weeks.
- Highly respected surgeons: Our team comprises fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons, many of whom are leaders in the field within and outside Canada.
- Thorough consultations: We take the time to thoroughly assess and explain in consultations that typically last 15 to 60 minutes—over video conference or in person.
- Cutting-edge care: Our surgeons are equipped with the latest medical technology and use advanced, minimally invasive arthroscopic techniques for optimal outcomes, less post-op pain, and quicker recovery than traditional techniques.
- Stay in Canada: We perform all procedures right here in Canada; you may need to travel to another province depending on the specifics of your surgery.
- Offices designed with patients in mind: We constructed our modern centres with attention to patient privacy, safety, and comfort.
Values That Matter to Us and Our Patients
We are patient focused and provide effective care with human kindness.
We combine innovation with the latest technology and processes to advance surgical care in Canada and better serve patients and providers.
We are a continuously learning organization that measures, monitors, and improves every day.
We support, respect, and accept our patients, team members, and partners, while operating with honesty and integrity in providing our services.
How Much Does Private Tommy John or Other Elbow Surgery Cost in Canada?
Because the specifics of each surgery vary so widely, we cannot quote elbow surgery prices on our website. You will receive a cost estimate for your potential surgery when you talk to one of our patient advisors during a pre-qualification appointment.
Where Will My Elbow Surgery Take Place?
Our doctors perform elbow surgery in our private, accredited surgical centres across Canada, including Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto. The province in which your particular surgery takes place depends on the specifics of the surgery. You may need to travel to another province but will stay in Canada.
Why Inter-Provincial Travel is Necessary
The Canada Health Act gives Canadians flexibility in their healthcare choices. Medical care for Canadians is insured by their provincial health plans. While out of province, any medical care beyond emergency care is covered by the patient. This means those seeking immediate, self-funded care, such as surgery, can do so out-of-province and don’t have to risk getting procedures done in foreign countries.
How Do I Schedule a Consultation With an Orthopedist Specializing in Elbow Surgery?
The first step is to have a pre-qualification call with a patient advisor who will ask you about your concerns and then review:
- Possible surgical techniques
- Locations for your surgery (you may need to travel to another province)
- Procedure costs
- Possible risks and complications
- Payment options
Our healthcare team will require your previous imaging such as X-rays and MRIs, along with some basic medical history, in order to appropriately prepare for your consultation. Our surgeons hold consultations by telephone or video conference.
Schedule Your Consultation
Contact us to schedule your consultation today.
Frequently Asked Questions
How painful is the surgery?
Expect some degree of pain or discomfort after elbow surgery. Prescription pain medicine is typically enough to keep patients comfortable. Keeping the elbow at the level of the heart propped up with pillows can minimize swelling and prevent throbbing when sitting or lying down.
How long will I need to wear a cast or sling?
Some patients may need to wear a splint or cast for the first 7 to 10 days to stabilize the joint, then switch to a sling. Others patients may be instructed to wear a sling right away.
Will I still be able to participate in sports or other strenuous activities after I recover?
You should be able to resume an active life after recovery. Your doctor may restrict you from engaging in certain contact sports, such as hockey and football, and activities that risk a damaging fall, such as skiing and horseback riding.
Will I gain full range of motion in my elbow?
Most patients do regain their full range of motion, but it can take up to a year to return. To optimize your outcome, perform your physiotherapy exercises as instructed.
Is this considered a major surgery?
Both partial and total elbow replacement are considered major surgery.
Is this surgery generally safe?
Elbow surgery performed by one of our surgeons at one of our facilities is considered safe, although every surgery carries some risk. Patients are screened prior to surgery to reduce risk.