Common procedures, benefits and differences
What are common reasons to get plastic surgery for restorative purposes?
- Injuries to the hands, legs, skull, and face, often after an accident
- Large wounds
- Skin cancer
- Breast cancer
- Cleft lips and other congenital deformities
- Scar revision surgery
What are common reasons to get plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons?
- To rejuvenate the skin’s appearance on the body and face
- To enhance facial and body features, such as the shape and size of the nose or abdomen.
- To enhance or reduce breast size.
What are common cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures?
- Facelift – Reduces visible signs of ageing and help you achieve a sleeker, more youthful appearance.
- Brow and Forehead Lift – Repositions the brow to create a more youthful and refreshed facial appearance.
- Nose Surgery (rhinoplasty) – Also known as a “nose job”, it changes the shape and size of your nose for a new look or to correct defects, injuries or breathing problems.
- Eyelid Surgery (blepharoplasty) – Removes excess skin and fat to create a more youthful look.
- Ear Surgery (otoplasty) – Resizes, reshapes or repositions your ears.
- Neck Lift – Reduces visible signs of ageing and help you achieve a sleeker, more youthful appearance.
- Breast Implants (augmentation) – Also known as augmentation mammoplasty, it’s for enhancing the size and shape of your breasts.
- Breast lift (mastopexy) – Restores the youthful shape, tone and balance of your breasts.
- Breast Reduction (mammoplasty) – Restores a firmer, shapelier breast to improve the contours of your body.
- Male Breast Reduction (gynecomastia) – Helps to restore a more masculine and athletic appearance by removing excess fat from the chest area.
- Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) – Helps to restore a firmer, flatter abdomen by removing any excess skin or fat.
- Liposuction – Offers a safe and dependable method of removing unwanted fat and improving body contour.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation (vaginoplasty) – Specialized surgical tightening and rejuvenation of the vagina, perineum, and supporting muscles.
- Lower Body Lift/Thigh Lift – Reshapes the leg/thigh resulting in smoother skin and better-proportioned contours of your lower body.
Are you considering plastic surgery for cosmetic or restorative reasons?
First, you’ll have a plastic surgery consultation. Here you’ll get to ask questions, raise concerns and learn about what’s involved with our experienced specialists. It’s also an opportunity for the surgeon to talk to you in detail about your medical history and other relevant factors, as well as tell you about what the surgery involves and expected results. They will go through pre and post-plastic surgery care and potential risks and complications. After, the surgeon will recommend the next steps towards a restorative or cosmetic procedure.
Why choose Surgical Solutions Network Surgical Centres for your plastic or cosmetic surgery?
Through our centres, you’ll have access to world-class private healthcare services, physicians, techniques, and technology. At our Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Winnipeg locations, there will be no waiting lists if you’re local, travelling from out of the province or international.